TSC kicks off verification. The teachers employer has started the documents verification process for intern teachers in primary and secondary schools in the country.
According to a message that was obtained by a trusted source, sub-county TSC directors all over the country had opened the door for legible intern teachers to submit their documents for verification as from the 31st of July, 2023.
Documents that are to be presented to the recruitment panel for verification.
Intern applicants who got an sms message from directors of sub-counties are required to present the following documents;
1. Their national ID card
2. The certificate of registration as a teacher will also be required
3. A Diploma/Degree certificate and their official transcripts will also be required.
4. Certificate of KCSE examinations
5. KCPE certificates
6. Leaving certificates for both primary and secondary school as well as other testimonials that may be relevant
7. Applicants will also need to produce a NCPWD where applicable
8. An affidavit that is sworn under the oaths and statutory declaration act, Cap 15 of the Kenyan law to explain names variance.
9. A letter of result certification by the Kenya national examinations council will also be required where applicable
According to a part of the TSC guideline, shortlisted applicants are to be invited by sub-county TSC directors through a short message so as to show up for the document verification process. Some of the information that will be contained in that message include the date, the venue and also the time when it will be done. In addition, document verification will be conducted after a minimum of seven days from the day of invitation.
5% of the available positions are left for teachers who are abled differently. This is according to the constitutional provisions and law.
The teachers service commission had earlier this month announced 20,000 positions for intern teachers both in primary and secondary schools. 18,000 of these were for junior secondary school teachers while the rest were for primary teachers.
The commission also made it clear that this intern recruitments are aimed at introducing and preparing teachers for the teaching profession.
TSC kicks off verification.